Saturday, September 12, 2009

Disney Sing Along Songs: Under the Sea


Disney Sing Along Songs: Under the Sea
Sing, dance, and play along with your favorite Disney songs! It's fun and easy as you read the on-screen lyrics and join your favorite characters in their most memorable musical moments! Dive into these wonderful water tunes with your host Professor Ludwig von Drake as he introduces a great collection of songs and scenes from PETER PAN, THE RESCUERS, and many other top films and cartoons! You'll also meet Sebastian, the calypso-singing crab from THE LITTLE MERMAID, one of the most popular animated feature films of all time! Sebastian will teach you the lyrics to the award-winning hits "Under The Sea," and "Kiss The Girl"!
Customer Review: A brief comment
I bought this tape to get the main song and arrangement from The Little Mermaid. I like Jamaican steel drum music, and this is one of the best songs done in this style that I've seen. If you add in the visuals, you get one of Disney's finest moments, in my humble opinion. The whole video has a sea or maritime theme, though, which is nice because it thematically ties everything together, and the songs range from 1930s to the 1980s, including Disney's reprisals of even older songs (such as "By the Beautiful Sea," which I suspect goes back to the 1890s or early 1900s). Overall a good video and Scrooge McDuck serves as the host. :-)
Customer Review: A lasting memory (from the childs mind)
A family member bought this vhs for me when I was little.I think before 1994. I am now 25 years old and the songs still this day will put a smile on my face. It took a while for me to get use to some of the older songs but once I got it I was dancing around the house and pretending I could sing all day to them. Im going to purchase it for my daughter now and hope that it brings as much joy to her as it did to me. It is a must have. It will keep the kids interested.


Cinderella (Wide World of Disney)
More is not necessarily better. A glitzy Hollywood cast and a big budget did not improve the wonderful 1957 teleplay (or its equally charming 1964 remake) upon which this version is based. This is partly because Brandy, cast in the title role, cannot act. Not helping matters are Whoopi Goldberg as the prince's mother and Jason Alexander as his valet. Their shtick wears thin very quickly. However, Paolo Montalban is charismatic as the prince, and Whitney Houston plays a fairy godmother with pizzazz. The production cost millions, and is certainly lavish, but the whole affair feels forced and overdone, reminding one of a prom queen wearing too much makeup. It does deserve credit for a multi-ethnic cast, the addition of two new songs and a hip attitude. However, the 1964 version (the original was not taped) is much sweeter and more romantic. Originally released as Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. --Rochelle O'Gorman
Customer Review: Cinderella The Musical by Rodgers & Hammerstein
I purchased this dvd for my four-year-old granddaughter for Christmas. She loves Cinderella, singing,dancing and music. Among other lessons,we are trying to teach tolerance. This dvd presents a very talented and diverse cast of characters. She viewed it and loves it.
Customer Review: BEST
This was the BEST Cinderella made to date.. Brandy did amazing as did the other cast members.

No comments:

Post a Comment