Friday, September 18, 2009

Tinker Bell 2009 Calendar (Disney Fairies)


Tinker Bell 2009 Calendar (Disney Fairies)



Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland
Customer Review: Real campy! Please re-release more classic Disney lps on cd!
This release is great on so many levels. Above all as a great piece of nostalgia but also as very high kitch/camp value. I wish Disney would mine the vaults for some of the other nutty lp releases that Disneyland Records put out back in the day. "Secrets of Life"; "Music From True-Life Adventures"; "Song of the South". There's a LOT of great stuff that has yet to see the light of the digital age.
Customer Review: Real Disney Music from the 50's!
I ordered this CD based on the samples I heard, so I knew it wouldn't be music recorded in the park itself. For those of us who grew up with the "Disneyland" TV show in the 50's, the music on this CD is like an old friend. Each composer has a distinctive style: Oliver Wallace did a lot of music for short cartoons, and his melody heard in the Main Street section is also known from a Donald Duck cartoon as the song "Crazy Over Daisy". It's a cute little melody, played here in a variety of entertaining ways. Camarata did some albums of the music from Snow White and Alice in Wonderland, among others. His arrangements are always dramatic, romantic and poignant, often going far beyond the original soundtrack music. He's a big part of the magic in Disney music of the period. George Bruns is my all-time favorite Disney composer. In addition to the magnificent work he did in adapting Tchaikovsky's ballet score for the soundtrack to "Sleeping Beauty", he also did the music for the Tomorrowland sections of the Disneyland TV show. In fact, he is like the personification of 50's Disney space music. In the Tomorrowland section of this CD, I can hear phrases from "Man in Space" and "Mars and Beyond". His deft touch is imaginative, evocative and stylistically cool. Great music!! If you're a "50's Disney-kid" like me, this is a must-have!


Disney On Broadway : Aida, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast
Go "behind-the-curtain" for an insider's view of Disney's mega-hit Broadway shows Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, and Aida are showcased in a lavish volume of dazzling costumes and set design, creator commentary, and simply spectacular production photography in Disney on Broadway.

Discover the secrets behind the special effects of Beauty and the Beast, which are revealed in vivid detail. Witness how director Julie Taymor and her co-designers developed the mechanics of The Lion King with its stylized imagery and distinctive puppetry. And follow the long and sometimes bumpy road from the concept of Aida to the glamorous realization of this innovative musical, through rounds of revisions to its grand opening in New York's famed Palace Theatre.
Customer Review: Great book
I bought this book and I just love it!! it has wondeful pictures of Disney's broadway shows and also it describes how they did the clothing and details of each character. For example I just love Beauty and the Beast I have seen it 4 times and I want to see it again and again so when I saw this book and open it I saw a marvelous picture of my favorite Disney princess and broadway character BELLE with the blue dress, the yellow one and also a detailed description I am now more impressed. About the lion king it tells about how Disney decided to make it a broadway show I mean it is very interesting and I entirely recommend you to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment