Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Disney's Safety Patrol


Disney's Safety Patrol
Customer Review: This is not a very nice movie
One thing I hate most about this movie is seeing Scout Bozell float up in the air with a whole bunch of balloons like Pascal in the story of the Red Balloon. Due to Newton's law of gravity, this is the strangest thing I have ever seen in my entire life, and that is what scares me most about movies or TV starring real people. So if this is one thing you hate or don't like about TV, do me a favor and don't ever buy this movie.
Customer Review: Weird
I think this movie was sooo stupid but funnnyy too watch


Disney A to Z (Disney a to Z)
You may well know that Mickey Mouse's first appearance was in the 1928 cartoon Steamboat Willie, but do you know where Donald Duck made his debut? With the help of Disney A to Z: The Updated Official Encyclopedia, you'll know that Donald made his first appearance in 1934's Wise Little Hen--and that his middle name is Fauntleroy. This wonderful book contains hundreds of illustrations and nearly 3,000 entries covering all aspects of Disney's world, from brief synopses of all the Disney cartoons, films, and television programs to the names of the restaurants and shops at the Disney theme parks and the names of all 39 original Mouseketeers. Compiled by Dave Smith, Archives Director for the Walt Disney Company, this book is the definitive guide to Disney. For example, a glimpse under the letter "P" reveals that Prince Charming was the prince in Cinderella, Prince Eric fell for Ariel in TheLittle Mermaid, Prince John was the "phony King of England" from Robin Hood, Prince Phillip kissed Princess Aurora in Sleeping Beauty--but that the prince in Snow White was simply called "Prince" (He shouldn't feel bad--the evil queen was simply called "Queen."). At times the book is a bit too mouse-eared--Rita Moreno's entry reads "Actress; appeared on television in episodes of Zorro"--but all in all it is an excellent resource. Chock-full of interesting information, Disney A to Z is a treat for Disneyphiles and trivia buffs alike. --C.B. Delaney
Customer Review: everything you ever wanted to know about Disney
I bought this book for myself quite a few years ago and am stioll amazed at how well it serves me. It has everything from Character information to movie and TV show information. It covers parks and the disney Media Franchise. Animation and Live action. If you ever wonder about something Disney related this is the book to have.
Customer Review: All Disney All the Time
Mr. Smith is giving, nay, imparting so much of his knowledge to us. This 2nd update of his original knowledge base is great. Just wish there were more pictures. Maybe a cd or dvd with the next one? This is a MUST HAVE for any Disney fan (also, be sure to read the new bio from Neal Gabler, a perfect detail of the Man that started this all)!


The Original Four Seasons And The Devil's Trill Sonata / Vanessa-Mae
Customer Review: Vanessa Mae; yes!
Why this young lady isn't mentioned in the same sentence with Midori or others of that ilk I don't know. Could be her penchant for the unusal (think electric violin, jazzed-up classics, etc.)? Probably. But on this CD she plays it straight; close your eyes and think of Isaac Stern only much better looking. I think she's great, and this CD reinforces my opinion.
Customer Review: cheeky and good
It's interesting what other reviewers have to say about Vanessa Mae's Four Seasons album (EMI 1998). While the album averages a decent four stars rating, those who rate it badly are particularly virulent in their reviews: "Sloppy and vapid," "Barely deserves 1 star," "Childish, mischievous, ludicrous," "A chatty teenage girl's Vivaldi." I have to say I like it. I don't care much for Vanessa Mae's other works; She can take her bongo drums and electric violin to some Yanni concert, marry that pseudo-pianist Maksim and have cross-over-children for all I care. But Vivaldi's The Four Seasons is one of my all-time favorite works--I never fail to get high listening to it; it's always an intense listening experience for me. I would think that, given the mastery of the composition--Vivaldi's trademark joie de vivre, his soaring, intricate passages--one should leave well enough alone. But Mae's version of The Four Seasons lends a new perspective on the well-loved work. I can take her improvisations, even if she cheekily titles them the "Original" Four Seasons. I see no harm in rearranging a classic if only to disabuse the familiar. But I can understand the hate. I once lent the album to a friend who had majored in music in collection; she returned it in a huff. I don't like it, she said dismissively. Actually, very emphatically, I remember. I guess for some musicians, Mae's fiddling with the original score amounts to sacrilege, like adding make-up to the Mona Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment