Monday, August 24, 2009

That Darn Cat


That Darn Cat
Customer Review: "FBI undercover cat rounds up killers"
'The decision came through from the top. Darn Cat henceforth would be listed in the card index and all reports as Informant X-14. Under the anonymous cloak of X-14, his identity would be held secret for all time, and no one, except those actually working the case, would know that he was of a species other than human...' -Passage from "That Darn Cat", also published as "Undercover Cat"- Two bank robbers Dan and Sammy while on a bank job take Helen Jenkins, a middle-aged bank teller. The FBI are stumped and have no leads to catching the crooks. But fortunately, after so long they finally have a lead. But not the kind of lead they, or for that matter, anyone would ever expect. The Randall children, 23-year-old model Patti, 16-year-old Ingrid, and 12-year-old Mike are left alone for the summer while their parents are on vacation. Their cat, Darn Cat (or D.C. as he is called), comes home one night wearing a watch. After a close look, they realize that it is the watch which Ms. Jenkins had been wearing when she had been kidnapped! Informing the FBI, the Bureau sends in Zeke Kelso, to use the cat to lead them to the bank robbers. But nothing goes exactly the way Zeke expects it, too. Snoopy neighbors, D.C.'s mood changes, and a short tempered neighbor stand in the way but everyone knows that time is running out for them... A totally funny yet suspenseful book, the Gordons certainly have written a book which kept my interest. Not only does the story is read through the people's eyes, we also get to go through the story through the eyes of D.C.! The Gordons imagine what cats think so well that you can almost believe that they had help from a cat to write the book! I love all of the characters, mostly of Patti, Zeke, and Ingrid. I mostly recommend this book to for teenagers and adults, not so much for kids younger than 12 or so. This book was also originally published under another title, "Undercover Cat". There's also a must read sequel, "Undercover Cat Prowls Again", which I recommend. There is also the terrific Disney movie version of "That Darn Cat" with an impressive cast of Hayley Mills, Dean Jones, Frank Gorshin, Elsa Lanchester, Roddy McDowall, and Ed Wynn. It's very different from the book, changed to make it more a family film. It's hilariously funny and in my opinion my favorite Hayley Mills movie besides "The Parent Trap".


Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
Subtitled - Official Album. Japanese exclusive soundtrack featuring 21 tracks. Walt Disney. 2001.
Customer Review: Wowee!! I feel like Disneyworld is here!
One word: WOWEE!!!! This CD is amazing, it brings back SOO many memories of me past trips, and has all of the songs from me favorite rides like, The Tower of Terror, Test Track, Pirates, and more!! IT MAKES IT FEEL LIKE DISNEYWORLD IS AT MY HOUSE!!
Customer Review: A Must Have for Disney Fans
I bought this CD as a gift for my husband for Father's Day. We love it! It brings back memories from our visits to WDW, and helps add to the magic of our anticipation on returning.


Disney Princess Tea Party: Zion
Personalized for Zion

Hear the Disney Princesses sing and speak to Zion over 60 times throughout this one of a kind CD. It will be an instant hit with Zion that she will listen to over and over. Watch her face light up as she hears her name sung and spoken by the original Disney Princess cast. Zion will join each of the Disney Princesses as they prepare for a Princess Tea Party. Each princess will personally coach Zion through getting dressed and using proper etiquette, and Zion will receive a personal invitation to the castle to join all the Disney Princesses at their Princess Tea Party!
Customer Review: Great CD!!
I bought this cd for my daughter for Christmas. She is 3. I don't have her reaction yet, but I know it will be priceless. Of the 17 "songs", there are really only 8 songs, while the other 9 items are dialogues of the princesses talking to your kid. They really sound like the real princess voices, and I was told when I bought mine that her name is used 55 times on the cd. Her name is incorporated into the songs and it sounds real, not forced, not just mixed in, but really flows. I love this cd and can't wait to give it to my daughter. I also like that I can buy her something that's not just another toy taking up a bunch of space. We can keep this in the car and she can listen to it whenever we are driving. Another mom told me her daughter cherished her personalized music cd for many years. I will say that these are not familiar songs. They are tea party songs, none of which were familiar to me. But I believe we will soon know them as we listen to this cd over and over and over... I bought mine a craft fair from "Just Me Music" and they had many other types like Sesame Street, Wiggles, Disney for boys, Veggie Tales, and I don't remember what else. I was able to listen to samples and they were all very neat! Highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment