Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Black Cauldron (Disney Gold Classic Collection)


The Black Cauldron (Disney Gold Classic Collection)
Studio: Buena Vista Home Video Release Date: 05/24/2000 Run time: 80 minutes Rating: Pg
Customer Review: Fantastic Movie but . . .
I just can't forgive Disney for changing the story. Arawn and the Horned King are kind of melded into one. The Cauldron born don't make it beyond the castle. Gurgi looks more like Bengi. No Coll. No Adaon. They changed Doli from a dwarf to a fairy. Gwydion is missing?! Are you kidding me? And everything is Disney-fied. I love the books so I just can't stand the changes that are made in the movie. But if you have not read the books, and do not intend to then I highly recommend it. It's definitely not for younger children, but it is a great adventure story (even if it is just a shadow of what Lloyd Alexander's books are).
Customer Review: Awful Movie
I haven't read the books though I still plan to. This movie was simply too dark for kids and to 'cute' for adults. I was scared of this movie when I was a kid and when I was in high school I thought it was lacking a real plot. Gurgie is, in my opinion, one of the worst Disney charactors of all time. But I'm a long-time believer in the adage "Don't judge a book by it's movie." So I'll reserve judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment