Thursday, August 20, 2009

Disney Winnie the Pooh CD Storybook: The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh / Piglet's Big Movie / Pooh's Heffalump Movie / The Tigger Movie


Disney Winnie the Pooh CD Storybook: The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh / Piglet's Big Movie / Pooh's Heffalump Movie / The Tigger Movie
This beautifully presented Disney treasury features 4 stories, complete with a read-along CD. Choose from four tales of Winnie the Pooh! Includes: Pooh's Heffalump Movie, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Piglet's Big Movie, The Tigger Movie.
Customer Review: Disney Winnie the Pooh CD Storybook
This product was as advertised: book and CD. This order arrived in a timely manner. Beware of other companies who send the book but not the CD.
Customer Review: My son liked it
We read a lot to my kids, so this book gives me a little break now and then and reads for me. The CD helped my 2-year old son follow along quite well without me telling him when to turn pages. The stories are cute and well read.


The Boy Who Flew with Condors (The Wonderful World of Disney)
The Boy Who Flew With Condors is the true-life adventure of a teenager who goes from admiring the endangered condors' flight to flying with them. Inspired a sailplane instructor, a NASA test pilot and a budding glider pilot, he risks everything for airborne thrills, including navigating a dangerous storm. Find out his fate in an exciting story sure to bring out the spirit of adventure in the entire family!
Customer Review: Sailplane Introduction
Like a lot of folks I remember the Walt Diney sunday evening family TV shows from my childhood. I was looking for a video to show the basic idea of what is involved in flying a sailplane, for my daughter. The video is a clip from the old show. It is dated as it is from a simpler time , but I enjoyed it and it does tell how a teeenage boy learns about gliders/sailplanes. Todays teenagers may turn up their noses but I was looking for my mom to bring me a grilled cheese and soup like when I was a kid! I am a pilot and the video was very technically correct. I would recommend it.
Customer Review: Beautiful; flying scenes
THE STORY: Chris Jury (played by himself) is a teenage boy in California who spends his free time watching Condors. The endangered birds are very graceful in flight for their size. Chris meets a woman that is a sailplane glider pilot attempting to win a distance award, and he takes up sailplane lessons from an instructor (Fred Harris). Eventually Chris can soar with his condors. BEHIND THE SCENES AND TRIVIA: The story is an episode of the Walt Disney World of Color television show. The episode was produced by James Algar. The script by Homer McCoy is based on a story by Ken Nelson, who also served as a field producer and photographer of condors for the project. The musical score is by veteran Disney Studio composer Buddy Baker. Originally aired on television on NBC's Wonderful World of Color on February 19, 1967 and re-aired on May 28 of that year, and again on April 15, 1973. Sailplanes were also used in another television episode called "The Sky Trap".


Walt Disney Presents the Ugly Dachshund


No comments:

Post a Comment