Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pete's Dragon (Disney Gold Classic Collection)


Pete's Dragon (Disney Gold Classic Collection)
Disney loved to mix live action with animation (Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks), but this 1977 effort falls on its face. The turn-of-the-century story concerns an orphaned boy whose only friend is a cartoon monster. While the latter is entertainingly rendered, the rest of the film strains to be enchanting and the cast overreaches in a big way. Not for anybody over the age of ten. --Tom Keogh
Customer Review: For the next generation
This was my daughter's favorite movie when she was a child. This Christmas I decided to give a copy to her to enjoy with her 6 yr old son. The movie is entertaining and showcases good moral values on a level that a child can understand. Perhaps going "back to basics" is not such a bad idea?
Customer Review: Disney Movie
Very good condition, received product in a very short time after ordering. I would order from seller again


Disney's Princess Collection Complete
This terrific collection contains 26 songs of love, hope and happy endings sung by or about heroines of Disney films - all arranged for big-note piano so they are easy for even beginning pianists to play! Includes: Belle * Can You Feel the Love Tonight * Colors of the Wind * Home * Kiss the Girl * Love * Part of Your World * Reflection * Some Day My Prince Will Come * Something There * A Whole New World * and more.
Customer Review: LOOK AT THE TOP
THere are two versions of this book. (the cover art is the same) You need to LOOK AT THE TOP to see the difference. One has big notes piano in a pink strip across it. The other has piano/vocals/guitar on it. Noticing that helped me get the right one for my daughter. I hope it helps you.
Customer Review: 2 versions
I just want to add that there are 2 versions of this songbook. One is for easy piano with large, easy to read notation. The other is for voice, piano and guitar. They both look almost exactly the same - they have the same cover and share the same reviews on Amazon. They also have the same song list. Easy version: ISBN 0634047884, HL.316084 Regular version: ISBN 0634033875, HL.313184 I have the regular version which has some very beautiful arrangements, I would say at an intermediate level. They are manageable technically, yet contain dramatic sections that sound difficult and showy. Great crowd pleasers!


Walt Disney Records : Children's Favorite Songs, Vol. 3 : 23 Classic Tunes
25 classic children's songs presented by Disney pals. EMI. 2006.
Customer Review: Pure Fun
This is a great collection of songs that are guaranteed to make kids smile and to entertain them. Very good car trip music. After a recent trip to Disneyworld, anything Disney has an immediate "plus mark" in the interested column for my daughter.
Customer Review: OMG! =)
I had the cassette when I was a little girl... my mom said I used to go to sleep to it every night. The cassette lasted for my younger sister. 20 some odd years later I still have it, although I don't have a cassette player so since I'm expecting a little girl of my own I just had to buy this one and the rest of the series... OMG listening to the samples brings back sooooo many happy memories and I still remember all of them enough to sing along - I'm giddy! I loved these songs soooo much and I know my baby will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment