Sunday, July 19, 2009

Disney Babies: Lullaby


Disney Babies: Lullaby
Lullabies lend themselves to woozy re-creations, a sort of endless repetition that flags under the weight of the concept (putting kids to bed for their much-needed sleep) and the lack of weight accorded to the music. You might expect a Disney lullaby collection to be on a par with the most mediocre collections, but this one is really a fine set. The tunes are standard--from the famous "Brahms Lullaby" to "All the Pretty Little Horses"--but they're uniformly excellent and creative, staying within the realm of acoustic music that sounds and feels organic. These are Disney-related tunes, for the most part, so "Stay Awake" is here, as is the whimsical "Sleep, Daddy, Sleep." Musically, the set is varied, steering away from a repetition of instrumentation or delivery. That makes it easily entertaining enough for back-to-back listens, which any parent will be asked for with this collection. --Andrew Bartlett
Customer Review: absolutely beautiful
this music is so beautiful it could put me to sleep too! Brings me back to my childhood. You won"t regret buying this. It sounds wonderful and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy
Customer Review: Childhood Memories
I love this Cd! My mom would play this when I was a baby and it was just one of those things that could knock me out pretty quick ^_^. We still have the cassette and I still play it- and I'm 15 now! A+!

No comments:

Post a Comment