Thursday, July 30, 2009

Disney's Greatest Pop Hits: A Decade Of Radio Singles


Disney's Greatest Pop Hits: A Decade Of Radio Singles
Customer Review: Amazing CD!!!
I had this CD years ago (you know, before iPods were big) and it got stolen along with my entire book of CDs when I worked at Disneyland. (see any irony here yet?) I kid you not, I didn't care about any CD in the entire book of 200 CDs except for this one. I have been looking for it ever since. Nowadays with the Disneymania commercial sellouts, it's hard to find good classic Disney pop singles that really meant a lot to us. This, in my mind, is one of the most meaningful and wonderful compilations of Disney love and imagination in existence, preserved with the original creators and musicians of these amazing songs. Buy this CD!!!
Customer Review: A CD that would have been great if it were complete.
I am a Disney fan. I admit it freely and without shame. So naturally when I saw this album I decided that I had to have it. It starts off great, with the modern Lion King and other Disney favorites, in all their radio version glory. Unfortunately, there is a notable gap in the playlist. The cd does not include the Beauty and the Beast duet, which is one of the best radion version Disney songs out there. And I also was disappointed to see the caliber of the songs degrade as the cd progressed. The last few songs on the cd were not worth hearing, and certainly do not deserve to be considered the Greatest pop hits. I was annoyed enough to burn the songs I liked and add Beauty and the Beast and You'll Be in My Heart from Tarzan, creating a cd that truly deserved the name Greatest Pop Hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment