Monday, July 20, 2009

Disney Princess Tea Party: Charlotte


Disney Princess Tea Party: Charlotte
Personalized for Charlotte

Hear the Disney Princesses sing and speak to Charlotte over 60 times throughout this one of a kind CD. It will be an instant hit with Charlotte that she will listen to over and over. Watch her face light up as she hears her name sung and spoken by the original Disney Princess cast. Charlotte will join each of the Disney Princesses as they prepare for a Princess Tea Party. Each princess will personally coach Charlotte through getting dressed and using proper etiquette, and Charlotte will receive a personal invitation to the castle to join all the Disney Princesses at their Princess Tea Party!


[LP Record] Walt Disney Presents "Songs From Mary Poppins"
SONGS: SIDE ONE 1. SPOONFUL OF SUGAR - Marni Nixon 2. PERFECT NANNY - Pamela Shannon 3. JOLLY HOLIDAY - Bill Lee and the Animals 4. SUPER-CALI-FRAGIL-ISTIC-EXPI-ALI-DOCIOUS - Marni Nixon, Bill Lee, and the Pearlies 5. STAY AWAKE - Marni Nixon SIDE TWO 1. I LOVE TO LAUGH - Richard M. Sherman 2. FEED THE BIRDS - Marni Nixon 3. CHIM CHIM CHEREE - Bill Lee 4. STEP IN TIME - Bill Lee and the Chimney Sweeps 5. LET'S GO FLY A KITE - Bill Lee and Chorus


The Most Popular Classical TV Themes In The Universe
Customer Review: Wow....better than I first thought..
I came across this CD (from a "Relaxation" series) by accident and thought, oh no, just another compilation of classical music tidbits---and taken from TV commercials/shows yet---oh, spare me! But how wrong I was. Despite its boast of being, "The Most Popular Classical TV Themes in the Universe" title (and because the price was reasonable for a 2-CD set), I bought the CD and was amazed by the quality of the recordings. I was disappointed when neither the manufacturer nor Amazon.com provided a listing of the artists on the recordings; as after hearing some of the tracks, I wanted to buy the artists' complete renditions. My favorite track on this CD, Debussy's "Clair de Lune," is performed so movingly, so stirringly, so hauntingly, that I wish I knew who recorded it. Not all tracks are arranged for orchestra. An example is Handel's "Largo from Xerxes," which is arranged for harp-and-flute, an arrangement which I found delightful and reminiscent of times in the 18th century when the elite held their salons and provided such music at these events. There is no singing on any tracks; it's pure instrumental. I didn't purchase my copy for "relaxation," as the series promotes, for the CD is just as enjoyable to play anytime, anywhere, and especially with a quality headset!

No comments:

Post a Comment