Thursday, May 21, 2009

Walt Disney's Uncle Remus Stories


Walt Disney's Uncle Remus Stories
Customer Review: A Triumph of Southern Storytelling
Walt Disney's adaptation of Joel Chandler Harris's classic collection of stories is a wonderful selection for any child, but is a virtual must-own for children of the Deep South. The stories narrated by the fictional slave "Uncle Remus" detail the lives and relationships of a broad assortment of woodland creatures. The book includes the classic "Brer Rabbit and the Tar-Baby," as well as lesser-known tales such as "The Wuller-de-Wust." The beautifully illustrated depictions of the misadventures of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear will enthrall youngsters of all ages as they read or listen to the stories. This is a book that I hope to pass down through generations of my family, just as my grandfather passed it on to me. You owe it to your children to obtain a copy, especially now that the book has gone out of print.


Disney Princess Cinderella Dance and Sing Along
DVD


Greatest Songs from the Musicals
Customer Review: You'll be disappointed
Not the original artists. Very weak versions of beloved songs by marginal to downright bad vocalists.
Customer Review: Pretty good musical mix
Lots of great and clear vocals. I was looking for a musical mix and this has a nice sampling of many major songs but also some more recent stuff. I haven't purchased an import before but I would do it again if the opportunity presented itself. It is somewhat annoying to have three cds when I think it could have fit onto two. Still, more than I have complaints, I have compliments about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment