Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Disney Bunnies: Thumper's Shapes


Disney Bunnies: Thumper's Shapes
Thumper and his sisters are at their most endearing as they discover the world of shapes. Adorable illustrations featuring the bunnies' mischievous antics, a simple yet lyrical text, and sturdy board pages are sure to delight little ones.
Customer Review: Bambi's Thumper Teaches Shapes...
This is a fun board book that both of my daughters (2 years and 3 1/2) enjoy "reading" with me. The shapes are things found in nature, such as heart shape leaves, stones and a "square" of sticks. Most of the ideas are pretty clever and the artwork is beautiful. A simple storyline teaches the various shapes without too much wordy clutter. A very straightforward but gorgeously illustrated board book for tots that are fascinated with shapes or need encouragement in this learning area.
Customer Review: Good book but for a little older toddler
I bought this for my 15 month old because we have several other Disney bunnies books. The topic seems to be a little over her head - it's a cute book but she's just not into it yet. I'd reccomend this for ages 2 and over.


The Rescuers (A Walt Disney Classic) (The Classics)
What can two little mice possibly do to save an orphan girl who's fallen into evil hands? With a little cooperation and faith in oneself, anything is possible! As members of the mouse-run International Rescue Aid Society, Bernard and Miss Bianca respond to orphan Penny's call for help. The two mice search for clues and, with the help of an old cat named Rufus, track Penny to the clutches of the evil Madame Medusa in a dilapidated ship in Devil's Bayou. It turns out that Medusa is using Penny to locate and retrieve the Devil's Eye Diamond--a stone she'll stop at nothing to possess. With a cunning plan, courageous acts, cooperation from local animal life, and lots of faith, Bernard and Miss Bianca help Penny find the diamond and escape from Medusa. The result of their adventure is that Bernard and Miss Bianca become close friends and Penny gets adopted. This somewhat dark, classic 1977 animated Disney film is based on Margery Sharp's The Rescuers and Miss Bianca, and features the Academy Award-nominated song "Someone's Waiting for You." Voice talents include Eva Gabor as Miss Bianca, Bob Newhart as Bernard, Geraldine Page as Madame Medusa, and Jim Jordan (radio's Fibber McGee) as Orville Albatross. Followed by the sequel The Rescuers Down Under. (Ages 5 to 11) --Tami Horiuchi
Customer Review: My 3 year old loves it
This was a very entertaining movie for my toddler- and much more appropriate for younger viewers than other Disney movies with scarier images (This movie's villan is less threatening and scary than some of Disney's other villans).
Customer Review: I haven't received this movie yet
I'm very dissapointed, the vendor was very quick taking the money, why do they sell something that they don't have on hand, I would like an answer or my money back right away. It is not too much, but the vendor must be making a good profit from products that he doesn't have. I saw this movies years ago. I wanted to share it with my grand daughter for Christmas.


Disney's the Little Mermaid
Adapted from the popular animated film, this storybook captures the magic of Ariel, the teenage mermaid who longs for the excitement of life on land.
Customer Review: A Good Collection
I bought this book as a present for my friends 21st birthday... along with a gigantic bottle of Rum. Let's just say, she liked the vocal selections more. This book is actually wonderful. I expected a bad collection, but instead I was given a good collection of songs with BEAUTIFUL full color pictures. If I could post the pictures online, I would. They are stunning. Directly from the film, the pictures steal the book. If you are not into singing, but still have it hard for The Little Mermaid, then buy this book just for the pictures. It's worth it. Wow. It's worth it. As for the songs themselves, you'd expect more of a piano line from one of Disney's greatest treasures. I mean, it's an accompaniment, but it's not a full orchestration. Remember that when buying Disney product vocal selections: IT'S NOT LIKE THE MOVIE. It's a harmony line with some fun syncopation. It was a good buy all in all. Recommended.
Customer Review: The Little Mermaid (Disney/Book and Cassette)
This the Disney story about Arial, the little mermaid & all her odd assortment of friends that live with her in the sea. My grand-daughter Britanie, is 4 years old & just loves this book/ tape so much that she wore it out. I love the idea that the cassettes follow the words in the book so the children following the words read aloud, start to recognize words that they hear. I am in the process of trying to purchase her another set. This is only thing she asked me to get again her for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment