Monday, January 19, 2009

Walt Disney Treasures - Disney Comics: 75 Years of Innovation


Walt Disney Treasures - Disney Comics: 75 Years of Innovation
Short stories and long adventures marking milestones in Disney Comics history. Join us as we travel from the Mickey Mouse epics of Floyd Gottfredson and Paul Murry to the long Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge adventures of Carl Barks and Don Rosa! Also included are Romano Scarpa's Goofy and Renato Canini's Jose Carioca; Dutch "Donaldism" by Daan Jippes and Mau Heymans; Egmont creators Vicar, Daniel Branca, Byron Erickson, Cesar Ferioli and more!
Customer Review: Would have given 5
Since there is no hardcover addition and this is a cheap destined to break paperback I must give it one star. Please Gemstone and Dark Horse rerelease your titles in hardback. The quality is unacceptable. Please don't buy the product until you see a hardback edition is offered. As for me I"m trying to collect the Gladstone comic books instead. And now I have a real tacky looking magazine holders on my bookcase. Thank-you Gemstone and Dark Horse!
Customer Review: Good overall collection of Disney comics
First of all, I did not expect the book to be so small...but then I figured it was made to be the size of an actual comic book page, so I was able to live with that. The contents of the book are excellent, and while I would have appreciated more pages dedicated to discussing the history of the Disney comics, the selections, though random, do provide a nice overall essay of all the different characters that became popular in the comic book format.

No comments:

Post a Comment