Friday, January 23, 2009

Disney Girlz Rock


Disney Girlz Rock
Disney Girlz Rock is like the hit songs from a bunch of Disney soundtracks without the filler. While the selections are taken from both big-budget theatrical releases and Disney Channel Original Movies, it's probably no accident that the best songs come from the former category, such as Linday Lohan's "Ultimate" and "Drama Queen (That Girl)" (from Freaky Friday and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, respectively), Raven-Symone's "This Is My Time" (from The Princess Diaries 2), and Caleigh Peters's "Reach" and Hayden Panettiere's "I Fly" (both from 2005's Ice Princess, the most recent film represented). Other Disney starlets appearing are Aly & AJ ("Rush") and Christy Carlson Romano ("Bounce"), but Hilary Duff seems underrepresented by only "Our Lips Are Sealed," her remake of the old Go-Go's tune with sister Haylie. Still, it's a solid compilation for tween-age girls. --David Horiuchi
Customer Review: Great CD, but no surprises.
In my personal opinion every outstanding album has a surprise, a super, terific un-expected song that you just fall in love with. C'mon, you know what I mean. Think of your favorite CD, or your favorite song. It's not that I expected a super hit in a this CD, it's just that everything is so old. They just swaped and stole songs from other albums and soundtracks. Still a great album, I love every song! I just wish they put something in it that was recorded first for this CD, or at least recorded recently.
Customer Review: Disney Girlz Rock
It's like having Disney radio in the house. My kids love it! (And so do I)

No comments:

Post a Comment