Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Radio Disney: Kid Jams, Vol. 4


Radio Disney: Kid Jams, Vol. 4
Customer Review: Pretty Good...
I bought this product 2-3 years ago and thought I'd write a review on it... This CD is actually kind of good, even though I don't listen to this kind of stuff anymore... I think many ppl who listen to this will be satisfied... 1 was okay, it was catchy though... 2 was lame, I never listen to Aaron Carter, he sucks like hell! 3 was okay, though I never really liked it that much... 4 was good, though I liked Backstreet Boys' 'Incomplete' better. 5 was SO bad, I hated it, the artist 3LW was good in the Cheetah Girls, but NOT this! 6 was kinda lame, never liked it much, the song reminds of nerds, ha ha... 7 was okay, never liked to listen to it much though... 8 was good, there was this period when I LOVED it so much, not anymore now... 9 was okay, though it's annoying how they play it ALL the time in the Princess Diaries... 10 was annoying, I mean, WTH? 11 was... okay, I guess? But I never really got into it that much... 12 was... the same as 11... 13 was great! I have the remix for this song on my iPod... 14 was bad, it's also very annoying too! 15 was great! I just put this song on my iPod... 16 was great! I ALSO have this song on my iPod... I used to listen to this stuff when I was probly 9-10 years old, that was when I started listening to music, but I like techno and other pop now that I know more about my music type... yea, and I'm 13... :)
Customer Review: Radio Disney
I think this CD is a great mix of songs. From songs about love, to songs from movies, to songs that just make you want to dance. I would definately recommend this CD. As far as I know, it is very appropriate and doesn't have anything bad on it. I would especially recommend this CD to people who listen to the Radio Disney radio station. After all, that's where they got the songs from! P.S. Please don't write a review just to tell me what's wrong with mine...thank you.


Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge & Donald Duck: The Sunken City (Gladstone Giant Comic Album Series, No. 2) (Gladstone Giant Comic Album Ser. : No.2)
Customer Review: Worth the purchase...
There is a lot to like about this volume of Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck by Carl Barks. The two major stories (as well as the few single page gags) are beautifully drawn, vibrantly colored, and highly entertaining. The humor in the first half of "The Sunken City" is enough to get my recommendation. Yet the strorytelling (particularly in the SECOND half of "Sunken City") is not as satisfying as one would hope from a talent like Mr. Barks. The conclusion seems arbitrary and rushed, and the potential of this Atlantis story is never really explored. But don't get me wrong. The strengths far outweigh the shortcomings. The second story, "Luck of the North", also has it's moments and the packaging of the two stories together make this a good investment for anyone interested in the Disney ducks, Carl Barks, or just wonderful comic-book work.
Customer Review: beautifully illustrated comic book
Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck Giant Special #2 has an introduction by Geoffrey Blum and two full-length stories--"The Sunken City" and "Luck of the North." The first has Scrooge descending to Atlantis in search of the rarest coin in the world. The second has Donald sending Gladstone to the arctic with a phony map and then feeling guilty. It's Donald and the nephews to the rescue. The colors are vivid and the stories are even more fun than the later Duck Tales cartoon series.


Peter Pan: Disney Little Libraries
It was Friday night. Mr and Mrs Darling were dining out. Nana had been tied up in the backyard. The poor dog was barking, for she could smell danger. And she was right - this was the night that Peter Pan would take the Darling children on the most breath-taking adventure of their lives, to a place called Neverland, a strange country where the lost boys live and never grow up, a land with mermaids, fairies and pirates - and of course the terrible, evil, Captain Hook. Peter Pan is undoubtedly one of the most famous and best-loved stories for children, an unforgettable, magical fantasy which has been enjoyed by generations.
Customer Review: Great Fun
This was an interesting book, full of adventure but also has a more serious side about the need to grow up and grow in wisdom. It makes us realize the consequences of our actions and also the importance of family and friends. The questions it left unanswered for me were: -What school is it that Hook went to? What is known for its slouch and walk? -The question of fairies that are unsure of their sex? Androgynous like angels? -Forget fairies and you kill them the power of naming or unnaming A great read for children of all ages, and if you like Peter Pan then check out `Capt. Hook' by J.V. Hart for an introduction to Hook as a young man. (First written as Journal Reading Notes in 1999.)
Customer Review: Well-written, and creepy...
Well, I fully expected this to be sexist. But I really wasn't expecting it to be as creepy as it was. There are all sorts of pseudo-sexual, vaguely Freudian undertones, and REALLY weird mother-wife-boychild relationships: "Dear Peter," she said, "with such a large family, of course, I have now passed my best, but you don't want to change me, do you?" "No, Wendy." Certainly he did not want a change, but he looked at her uncomfortably, blinking, you know, like one not sure whether he was awake or asleep. "Peter, what is it?" "I was just thinking," he said, a little scared. "It is only make-believe, isn't it, that I am their father?" "Oh yes," Wendy said formally and properly. "You see," he continued apologetically, "it would make me seem so old to be their real father." "But they are ours, Peter, yours and mine." "But not really, Wendy?" he asked anxiously. "Not if you don't wish it," she replied; and she distinctly heard his sigh of relief. "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings about me?" "Those of a devoted son, Wendy." [The children here of course include the Lost Boys... and Wendy's own brothers.] Not to mention that the sexism in this novel ascends to a whole new level, as Wendy exists merely to clean up and act as mother/wife to whatever susceptible boys cross her path. This is the entirety of her role in Neverland and the real world, she has no other thoughts whatsoever. Eg: "'Oh, all right,' Peter said, as if he had asked her from politeness merely; but Mrs. Darling saw his mouth twitch, and she made this handsome offer: to let Wendy go to him for a week every year to do his spring cleaning." [Oh joy, Wendy gets to clean for Peter... but only once a year...] "Wendy would have preferred a more permanent arrangement; and it seemed to her that spring would be long in coming; but this promise sent Peter away quite gay again." I mean, it's an interesting book... but I wouldn't suggest any actual children read it. The value system is even more questionable (in a modern context) than that of the average Edwardian novel. Not to mention the overall atmosphere is just plain eerie. No wonder Michael Jackson took such a liking to it. It's probably no coincidence that the world's creepiest pedophile popstar became obsessed with the 20th Century's creepiest children's classic...

No comments:

Post a Comment