Saturday, June 27, 2009

Canta Con Nosotros: Aladín - Un Amigo Fiel (Disney's Sing-Along Songs)


Canta Con Nosotros: Aladín - Un Amigo Fiel (Disney's Sing-Along Songs)
Customer Review: Good video for kids but...
I recently purchased this video because i own a diffrent one and enjoyed it especially since i enjoy studying spanish. Unfortunately I was disappointed with this one. I didn't care for the selection of songs chosen. But before I purchased it I saw it had a song from "The Little Mermaid" which was part of the reason I decided to purchase it in the first place. However, if you are a fan of the movie "The Little Mermaid" let me say that the song included in the video is not from the movie but from a song in one of the cartoon series and not in the least bit as good as any in the movie. But on the plus side their are two very good songs from "Aladin" (as mentioned in an earlier review) and another good song from "Beauty and the Beast". Unless you plan to buy this video because of the two songs from "Aladin" I reccomend buying "La Sirenita:Bajo el Mar"(The Little Mermaid:Under the Sea) instead because from my opinion I think it is much more enjoyable for the spanish student and for children. Just type in -'Disney sing along songs in spanish' and it will come up, along with a few other 'canta con nosotros' tapes. Over all I was disappointed with this video but I do give some credit for the songs from "Aladin".
Customer Review: Fun singable translations
The theme of this video is friendship, and here is its contents: "Amigo fiel" and "Un mundo ideal" (Aladdin), "Hay Algo" (Beauty and the Beast), "Muy buenos amigos" (The Fox and the Hound), ¿Cómo le va? (The Song of the South), "Amistad" (sung by Mickey, Donald and Goofy), "En Armonía" (The Little Mermaid - series), "Juntos cantando" (The Parent Trap) and "Para eso son los amigos" (The Jungle Book). The translations are excellent, especially "Un mundo ideal", and all have Karaoke-style lyrics. I found this video to be a great aid in my high school 1st and 2nd year Spanish classes. A previous reviewer made a reference to Robin Williams - obviously Williams is not in this dubbed collection of songs. However, the Spanish voice-over is quite good in "Amigo fiel" - "A Friend Like Me". Please note that only two of the songs are from Aladdin.


Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular
A Musical Spectacular from Disneyland Resorts. Track listing: 1. Arabian Nights / A Thousand Stories / Who Dares Approach 2. Off You Go / The Mouth Closes 3. You Have Been Warned 4. Aladdin Intro 5. One Jump Ahead 6. Street Rat! 7. Princess of Agrabah 8. Old Man 9. Go Now, Into the Cave / Gold Reveal / Cave Collapse 10. Carpet 11. Genie Up 12. Friend Like Me 13. The Palace 14. Sultan's Fanfare 15. Prince Ali 16. Genie Free / Jafar Plots 17. To Be Free 18. A Whole New World 19. A Whole New World - Underscore 20. I'll Say 21. We Through Yet / Prince Ali (Reprise) 22. Snake! 23. He Has More Power 24. Father, I've Decided 25. Celebration (Includes Arabian Nights / To Be Free / A Whole New World) 26. Curtain Call (Includes One Jump Ahead / Prince Ali / To Be Free / Friend Like Me)

No comments:

Post a Comment